Most contractors come out to your house, tell you what product you should use, make a few notes about the site and write up an estimate. Building a deck on your house is no small undertaking, and we take a different approach:
- Call or e-mail us, and we will start your education about decking materials immediately. We will e-mail you our composite decking report. This is a good primer to begin to introduce you to the various man-made decking materials. We will set a date and time for the company owner to personally meet you in your home to look over your deck area first hand. We will discuss your performance objectives, your budget, and your design objectives. Tom will take pictures and measurements of your space; as well as notes about your ideas. You will then be given an opportunity to browse our large selection of decking and railing products. After you find a few products that interest you, we will answer any questions you may have about those products then we will provide you with samples and brochures to take home.
- We will take all of the information and custom design a project that suits your need and your home precisely. We will then invite you into our showroom to review your personal design. We will also review the price of the project and discuss the specific materials that were chosen for your design. In most cases we have full size sample of the materials so you can touch and feel the actual products. If you like what you see, we can prepare a contacrt outlining all of the specifications, which you can sign. If the proposed design or project cost does not fit your needs, we will begin to make revisions. At this point you should have a budget in mind, and we can revise our design until it fits your budget or your needs better.
- Upon signing the contract, we ask you for a 30% deposit. We will put you on our installation schedule, and we will send you a letter telling approximately when the project will start and what to expect during construction.
- At this point, your project will be turned over to our Field Manager. Our field manager will handle the day to day communication about your project, and he will personally oversee the construction.
- Materials and equipment delivery will occur the day before or the morning of the installation. Materials will be placed in your driveway by our own delivery personnel. Our auger machine is about the size of a riding mower, and it has rubber tracks to protect your yard. We will lay down a protective layer of plywood to keep your yard in pristine condition.
- Our team of craftsmen will build your deck according to our plans and specifications. Teams generally consist of two men.
- Excess lumber and construction debris will be placed in your driveway upon completion.
- Our delivery personnel will pick everything up.
- Our Field manager generally visits each project daily to insure you are getting a top-notch project.
- Upon completion, we will check with you to insure your complete satisfaction. If you are not happy, then we aren’t finished!
- You refer us to your friends and family, and we start back at the beginning!